My plan is to print and frame - from the dollar store - my goals and put them up in my closet. This way, I'll see them every day, and that will hopefully keep me on track to accomplishing them.
- Increase my Emergency Fund up to $5,000 - currently, it sits at $2,655.
- Increase my House Fund up to $33,000 - currently it sits at $22,027.
- Save $3,500 in my Trip Fund for Central/South America over the holidays next year - currently it sits at $531. This savings will come entirely from work outside of my full time job.
- Open a new ING account for Gifts - pay for all birthday, wedding, baby, Christmas gifts from this account.
- Track every penny I spend!!!
- See one or more high school friend each month - there are 8 of us who still keep in touch from high school, although most of it by email. I'd like to see at least one of my friends per month to be able to maintain such great relationships. Two friends are only GO Train rides away, and most others by bus, so it's not a big challenge to see them.
- Volunteer on a project - I've been in talks to sit on a Run for the Cure committee in preparation for the annual run in October in one of the GTA communities, so this one should be a guaranteed completed task.
- Resume tutoring - I tutored all through high school and University and was able to bring in a decent amount of extra money with 2 or 3 students. Over the break I've designed a poster to put up in town as well as on the web.
- Sign up and participate in a running class.
- Become more healthy - for me, this means eating better and increasing my exercise frequency. It's a good thing all of those Christmas sweets are almost gone.
- Travel - I'm aiming for the holidays next year in Central/South America - see my post about this trip.
- Join a professional association in my field.
- Blog every weekday.