Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How I'm spending the money!

Back again this morning for an update on how I'm intending to spend these condo profits!

Amounts with a strikethrough are payments that I've already made.

Starting Balance
$36,817
Remainder of Condo Deposit*
$6,995
Remainder of Condo Down payment
$9,645
Estimated Purchasing Legal Fees
$1,300
Estimated Purchasing Disbursements
$1,100
Estimated Land Transfer Tax
$1,639
Estimated HST (On CMHC Fees)
$461
Estimated Utilities Setup Fees
$250
Legal Fees – Title Search Fee
$250
Condo Upgrade**
$678
Emergency Fund
$2,500
Travel Fund
$500
Kenya Trip – Vaccinations
$278
Furniture/Home Decor
$3,000
Vehicle
$6,200
Vehicle Registration/Taxes
$955
Winter Tires
$350
Vehicle Tune-Up
$150
Bank Fees/Certified Cheque Fees
$20
Just-in-case
$546

* I’ve already paid a $2,500 deposit to the builder – it is a new condo and a tiered payment structure has been established.
** I opted to upgrade only one item separately (although about 8 others I’d have loved to....top of my list was travertine tiles instead of the standard porcelaine, but I wasn't willing to spend the $750 on top of the upgrade I selected) – I selected to have the microwave mounted above the stove instead of having it sit on the counter.

Have you ever purchased a new home and got sucked in by the upgrades available??


1 comment:

  1. I've never bought a home in general, but my friend bought a new townhome and definitely got sucked in to all of the upgrades. They thought they wouldn't fall for it but they got custom flooring, tile, appliances, and window treatments. To be honest, I probably would too!

    ReplyDelete