As far as spending goes, I've started making my list of needs and wants for my first summer in Ottawa:
- Money for Europe -- I realize that travel is definitely a want and not a need, but my flights/accommodations are already booked, so I'm committed to going now.
- Bicycle - My gym membership expires in April and instead of renewing it, I will be purchasing a bike so that I can continue getting exercise, but in a more natural environment. I will hunt on Craigslist/Kijiji/Used Ottawa and don't want to spend more than $100 for the bike and $40 for a trunk mount (I want to be able to drive to different paths around the city/area that just aren't accessible biking on the road to get to).
- Wedding - One of my very good friends from back home is getting married in June at a winery, and I've already setup a wedding fund (currently sits at $125/I will need $260) to pay for a shower gift, gas to get to Niagara-area, a wedding gift, and 1 night hotel, which will be split between 3 other girlfriends.
- Balcony - I would really like a BBQ (here), outdoor rug (here), potted plants, and hanging flower boxes (here), outdoor patio lights....I am guessing in total I will need to save $230.
- Camping - One weekend in July I'd love to go camping somewhere no more than 2 hours away from Ottawa. Hopefully with someone who actually has camping gear....maybe $150?
- League - I would love to join a softball league during the summer. I am lacking in the friend department in Ottawa, and I think this will be a good way to meet new people. Approx. $150 + gently used glove.