Wednesday, May 30, 2012

How to Earn a FREE $75 Gas Card!

Back in March I'd applied for and was approved for an MBNA Smart Cash MasterCard to replace my Shopper's Optimum MasterCard.  

I was thrilled with not only the Cash Back that I'd be earning just for using my MasterCard (no interest charges for this PF blogger!), but also with the sign-up bonus I'd received....$60.

Fast forward to today, and Rate Supermarket is offering an even better deal!!  When you apply and are approved for either of the two cards listed below, you'll receive a FREE $75 gas card. A cool $75 would have gotten me through two weeks worth of gas!

By applying you'll also be entered to WIN Free Gas for a Year (a $2,500 value)*! 
*Offer valid from 5.00am EST on May 16, 2012 to 12.00am on June 30, 2012.

Here's a breakdown of the benefits of each card:
  • Annual Fee: $0.00
  • Rewards: up to 5%
  • Purchase Rate: 19.99% 
  • Balance Transfer: 1.99% (19.99% after 10 months)
MBNA Rewards MasterCard:
  • Annual Fee: $0.00
  • Rewards: Flexible! (Redeem points for cash back, travel, brand-name merchandise, gift cards from top retailers and charitable donations.)
  • Purchase Rate: 19.99%
  • 1,000 Bonus points after your first purchase + every year after 
My story : My credit card spending averages out to approximately $650/month - the usual charges are for food, gas, entertainment, car maintenance, gifts - which brings my year 1 cash back total to $228.
  
Since I pay my balance in full each month, the cash back feels like a gift for the convenience of using my credit card instead of cash; these cheques will go right into the travel account.  I LOVE free money!!

2 comments:

  1. I freakin' love the smartcash card! It's quasi annoying that they send cheques instead of just deducting, but it's so awesome to get them throughout the year. My old rewards card would credit once a year in January, zero time value of money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very useful article. I do had similar through after reading few news on Instant Forex Support forum.

    ReplyDelete