Friday, January 21, 2011

Great Work Trip

I returned late last night from a fantastic couple of days in Ottawa.  During my trip to the Capital I attended some fantastic presentations, enjoyed a nice dinner out with colleagues, a great dinner out with old friends, and enjoyed just getting out of Toronto for awhile.

Financially the trip didn't put a dent in my wallet at all.  The only item purchased that won't be reimbursed was a bath bomb - at the airport I realised that I'd have a bathtub for the next two days.  I purchased a Christmas-themed bomb, which was 50% off and made it last two days.  Total cost: $2.43.

Non-finance related, I couldn't believe how long it took me to get home from the trip.
7:00 - Flight was supposed to depart
7:25 - Flight departed - no inflight entertainment (grr)
8:20 - Flight taxis into the gate at Pearson
9:15 - Bags finally make it to the luggage carrousel
10:00 - After waiting outside for what seemed like hours I finally got into a taxi to take me home.
10:44 - Finally arrived home.
10:46 - Hit the sheets!

Back to regular postings on Monday after I catch up on sleep over the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! you did great with out of pocket costs of only $2.43.

    ReplyDelete