Friday, January 28, 2011

Selling Pet Peeves

In anticipation of my downsize to the condo I've listed appliances, furniture, and general household items on Craigslist and Kijiji.

My biggest pet peeve is arranging for a pick-up, making a 1-2 hour window of time free, and waiting for the buyer only for them not to show.  I have learned one thing in the process: not to remove the listing until someone has actually picked the product up.  I've made the mistake of deleting the posting after a meeting time was confirmed only to write the ad and upload photos later that day.

I more optimistic news I have 4 viewings of my apartment scheduled for tonight and tomorrow.  I'm hoping to find a new tenant for March 1st, making February my last month's rent, which I've paid already.  That extra $800+ in my account would come in handy for the couch and wardrobe I have my eye on.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on possibly finding someone for the apartment. Your looking good on your financial goals so...should have some money left over for beer to be sure. Hang in there with the Craiglist annoyances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be super frustrating!

    I think I'm going to start going room-to-room and purging anything I wouldn't want in my forever home - to make the packing/selling job easier later.

    ReplyDelete